After the hype of the finale, I decided that I would finally give WandaVision a go. I had seen some early clips and decided it wasn’t for me, but I had nothing to do today so I thought I’d binge the whole series in one go.
Without including spoilers, here are my overall thoughts of each episode:
- Slightly less painful.
- I think this could actually turn out to be quite interesting.
- Interesting but weird.
- Still weird, but I’m increasingly intrigued.
- The weirdest so far.
- An interesting turn of events. Things are starting to make sense. Probably the first time I became fully invested in the series.
- What an incredible episode.
Here were my thoughts after 7 episodes:
- After the first three episodes, I was constantly questioning whether something was a joke or not
- The first episodes were dull, and I think could have been reduced to 5 minutes.
- Because the early episodes were so weird, I was on edge for the rest of the series.
- I’m not a fan of the cheesy and cheery type of show that I think it’s meant to be mimicking, so this could be a reason why it didn’t click that much with me early on.
- There are moments where I think it could get interesting, but they’re surrounded with so much filler.
But episode 8 was when it really kicked into gear. That’s when I started to find it really interesting, and I was actually gripped for once. And episode 9 was absolutely incredible. These two episodes made up for everything I found boring in the first 7.
I’m actually now excited to see where the storyline continues.